“For us, as a plastic processing company, sustainability means assuming responsibility for our actions regarding our environment, our region and our employees.”
Bertram Göb, Managing Director at W.AG Funktion + Design GmbH
Why do we focus on sustainability as an injection-moulding company?
W.AG recognized years ago that sustainability is particularly relevant for a manufacturing company such as W.AG. The commitment towards sustainability forms the DNA of our company’s operations. As a company that has always made use of its vast in-house proficiencies at the facility in Geisa, we ensure sustainability is taken into account when selecting raw materials and suppliers. We recognize our responsibility towards all aspects regarding partners associated with the business.
Since 2018 we have been working towards acquiring sustainable case solutions. Our employees form the foundation for all previous and future modifications. We are aware that W.AG’s long-term success is secured, above all, as a result of addressing strategic issues, such as a sustainable product life cycle. Our employees regularly evaluate how we manufacture products regarding resource conservation without jeopardizing the familiar performance of our cases. Our company location in the Rhön, thus, actively contributes to the growth and continuous development of the region.
Our Corporate Management
• Anchoring sustainability in medium-term planning
• Continuous exchange with industry partners at P360° events
Environment and Climate Preservation
- Energy conservation through the use of LED lighting with motion detectors
- Introduction of a resource-saving organic case made of 93 % renewable raw material resources
Interest of our Employees
- Granting additional vacation days with increasing seniority
- > 85 % permanent employees
- Employing three peers and four disabled employees
- Workplace health promotion (health check-ups, complimentary fruit and water)
- Employee events (summer festivities, Christmas party, apprentice field trip, etc.)
- Annual donations in kind to local sports clubs, kindergartens etc.
- Annual financial donations to school sponsorships
- Educating about our apprentice training program at regional recruitment fairs
- Organization of company tours for regional school classes, senior groups, etc.
- Reviewing raw material origin with regard to sustainability
- Implementation of internal process and storage optimization projects